FORT WORTH – Frequent visitors of the West 7th development have enjoyed the architectural installation at the intersection of Crockett St. and Currie St. since last November. Named “Crockett Circle,” this architectural icon has been accentuated with the custom LED system that was originally intended for it and will light up for the first time this Labor Day weekend.
Here are some interesting facts about the structure:
- The largest of the two rings is 54’ in diameter and is suspended 20’ above the ground
- The two rings are comprised of 8,000 lbs. of extruded aluminum beams
- There are 2,300 linear feet of cable with 650 cable connection points
- The eight support columns are 35’ tall, comprised of 45,000 lbs. of steel and are anchored by 12’ deep pier foundations
There will be 2,760 individually controllable LED nodes with 8,280 DMX channels and 17 DMX universes with the capability of displaying an infinite number of colors. The lights will be programmed in varying color-changing effects such as twinkle, color burst, slow color morph, sweeping effects, and solid colors such as red, white and blue for patriotic holidays and TCU purple and white. The show will begin at dusk 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The development would like to recognize the following firms for their contribution to making the project a reality:
- Vestar Properties – Fort Worth, TX – project manager
- Fort Worth Electric – Fort Worth, TX – lighting installer
- BUYLeds – Dallas, TX – LED design and programming
- 505 Design – Boulder, CO – designer
- Modern Workshop – Trussville, AL – structure fabricator and installer*
*Time lapse video of Crockett Circle installation available here: https://youtu.be/rcvrCrE2NzM
West 7th is a strategic blend of pedestrian-friendly urban elements positioned in a mixed-use community offering retail, entertainment, office and residential. The 13-acre development is located on Seventh Street and University Drive near the Fort Worth business and cultural districts. Its retail and office components are managed by Vestar Properties while residential is managed by Greystar